Friday, April 27, 2012

A couple of things to share



Happy Friday to all of you! Feliz viernes! Today I have a couple of projects to share. If you've been reading along in the past few weeks, you probably know that my Amelia just turned 2 years old Monday. Over the weekend we had a Dora the Explorer party with a taco bar and yummy ice cream cake. We had a really nice day and Amelia was so happy that she had a life size Wada(Dora)balloon :) I have been waiting to finish this stage of my project until after she had her birthday so that I could fill the last frame. I got the idea for the I am # frames while on a trip to the Amana Colonies with my mom. We were visiting a friend in Cedar Rapids and took a few hours to "stuff store" shop in nearby Amana. At a bookstore, there they were - the cutest frames saying I am 1. I am 2 etc. It gave me the idea to do my own in my style. So here is Amelia's first set of birth, 1, 2 and I hope to continue for many years. I have also started Elijah's, but have a long way to go - 3 sets+1 as he will be 9 in July. I used many images and sentiments from many different Unity kits. I tried to pick one that really show how Amelia is and what she loves. The sandals in the last picture are perfect as she absolutely LOVES shoes. She has more pairs than I do and we have been asking for shoes as presents for her moreso than toys. She received tennis shoes, sandals, and some cute pink cowboy(girl) boots for her birthday.

Sorry the pictures aren't great - flash washed out some of the pic, no flash and it is blurry. hmmmm.



My second project is a Secretary Survival kit and includes the following items (I have included the sayings I put with them):
A pacifier for your "whiners". A spoon for those you have to "spoon feed". A magic wand for the miracles you're expected to perform. Tissues for your "cry babies". A Jack because you have to be a "jack" of all trades. Coffee - Caffeine, caffeine, caffeine! Crackers - For the next time you don't get to take a lunch. Paper clip - To help you hold things together at the office. Payday - Need I say more?? Marbles - To replace the ones you lost on the job. Pen - an emergency spare since everyone is always taking yours. Band-Aid: For when things get a little rough. Bath Salts- "To take you away." You deserve a quiet break. Crayon - to color your day bright and cheerful. Ear Plugs - when you just can't take anymore. Lifesavers - For when you've had one of those days. Puzzle Piece - without you the school wouldn't be complete. Rubber band - to remind you to be flexible. Sponge - To soak up the overflow, when your brain is too full. Mint - Remind yourself you are worth a "mint" even if you aren't told so very often.
The puzzle pieces are actually stamped cardstock using Unity's kit love you to pieces


I was looking for an idea of a projects I could create for my wonderful secretaries at school for Administrative Assistant/Secretaries Week (or whatever you want to call it.) and as I searched found a site http://www.budget101.com/recipes/sk1.htm with many different kinds of survival kits and witty sayings for each item. I used most of the ones from their Secretary Survival kit and added some from the Teacher Survival kit as we work in a school.
I have the best ladies who work at my school - my high school. They have to deal with a lot of drama and whining. Sue helps me out with announcements, last minute subs when I have to leave to be with a sick child, and copy machine breakdowns. Erin deals with grading, attendance, and calls kids to tht office when I need to get messages to them. Denise is my super money lady and deals with all of my deposits and writes all of the checks I need for my clubs. Without these ladies, the school would definitely not run as smoothly as it does and MY life as a teacher would be much more difficult. I appreciate everything they do for me and wanted to make sure they know it by giving them something creative and thoughtful. I hope they enjoy them and get a little chuckle, too.

I hope you all have a great weekend! See other great projects at the Unity blog. See Unity for great 4th birthday sales, too! Remember my pocket full of thanks card from last week? You can get the KOM with the pocket during this sale!! Here it is: a pocket full of...(KOM 7/09).

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects, Michelle!! What a lovely photo frame for your daughter. Great use & choice of stamps. And I love your Secretary survival kit too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 beauties! Both are so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great projects! My sister could really use the second one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are two fabulous ideas, Michelle! The first is so sweet and pretty! The second is so unique and creative! I can see myself CASE'ing this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your projects! The I am set is a super cute idea and will be a treasure through the years. The survival kit is awesome and the recipients are going to be so happy to be appreciated! Way to go making the world a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are amazing. Love the idea of making the frames for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! Lots of work, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects. The photos are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the secretary kit! May have to borrow it. And your cutie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous projects! I love the idea of the frames!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects -- that secretary survival kit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)