Friday, February 8, 2013

Class valentines - Unity FWF

Hi everyone! It has been way too long again. I last posted when the Costa Rican Exchange was in full swing and because of that and many other family and school activities, I haven't had a lot of time to craft. Valentine's Day is coming up and this year I wanted to do something cooler than store bought cartoon cards. I turned to Pinterest and saw so.....many.....COOL......ideas. We decided on some airplane cards (which I have yet to make) and these hearts made out of old broken crayons.





Step 1: Buy or find a heart shaped muffin tin (mine was $3.50 for a silicone muffin pan with 6 hearts)
Step 2: Remove paper from crayons (soak them in warm water or remove with a knife/screwdriver)
Step 3: Fill heart cups with crayons
Step 4: Cook at 275 degrees for 25 minutes
Step 5: Cool and remove to see what you have (I cooled mine outside for 10 minutes in the cold Wisconsin air)




I had my 2 year old daughter use watercolor paint on some small white "popcorn" bags and I stamped the crayons and sentiment on top of her painted designs. Inside the bag is a heart crayon and I closed the bag with a strip of washi.








These were a lot of fun for us to make together. Check out Friends with Flair at the Unity blog. Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. Great projects with and for your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this idea.Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects you all made!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool project! Love that you got your daughter to paint the bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea, and perfect for that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that's wonderful! Great stamp to use...but I mostly love how you involved your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to give the little one the crafty bug. Super project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project. And I loved your daughters work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you got your daugher involved, graet project

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! great mother/daughter project :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool to get your daughter involved in your project and such colourful results too! Thank you for visiting my blaog and leaving a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so incredibly awesome!!! I love that you had your daughter decorate the bags before you added the stamp. They look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever idea! I was looking at those silicone tins the other day wondering if they would work with the melting pot but the crayons are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is soooooo cool! Your daughter did a great job, the bags.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)