Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Growing in Unity, Day Two

 Hello again!  Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a great start :)

Today's cards use the same image in two different ways. I looked at the Unity Stamp Blog to learn more about the smoosh ink technique by Crystal O. Minkler. I didn't have the same ink and wanted to do a smoosh teachinique and ended up looking at different ways to accomplish a similar effect with the supplies I had. I watched some other videos and used a page protector from a binder. I cut it so that it opened and then used ink and water color markers on the inside of the page protector, spritzed with water, closed it and rubbed the ink around, opened it back up and put glossy cardstock inside and closed the page again. After rubbing the ink onto the cardstock I opened it up, removed the cardstock and let it dry a bit before I used it to stamp my card base. 

The stamp kits I used were Playful Daisy and the Unity sentiment set Basically Said 






I also used PlayfulDaisy and glossy cardstock for this card base, but I did not use the smoosh technique. 


Thanks for stopping by today. Have you ever used the smoosh technique?





12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't playing around and getting your fingers inky just the most fun? Nice cards ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the same stamp with different looks on these pretty cards! I've smooshed with stamp blocks but am going to try this one. I like the marbling effect it created. --Chris Shuman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pretty flower design! Great cards!
    I had trouble commenting yesterday, but I'll backtrack and try again! Happy I got it to cooperate so I could comment today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards! I haven't done ink smooshing in ages. This is why I love GIU each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smooshing technique! I usually do it with leftover inks from another project. Your cards are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ink smooshing is a favorite technique of mine. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both but the second card is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ink smooshing is always a fun technique! And I love seeing the same image used in totally different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ink smooshing is so satisfying! Love these cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)